Looking for a new snack idea? This healthy honey mustard dip is the perfect dipping sauce for salty, crunchy, pretzels! It’s thick and creamy, with no mayonnaise required!
This recipe was originally posted on Liz's blog, I Heart Vegetables. To read the post in full and check out her other amazing recipes, head here!
I love salty snacks. Popcorn, pretzels, tortilla chips… those are my weakness. But luckily, healthy options have been popping up on the market! I recently tried FitJoy’s grain-free pretzels, and I have to say I was impressed. These pretzels are salty and crunchy, and you’d never guess they’re made without traditional flour. These pretzels are a blend of cassava flour, chickpea flour, and potato starch. Perfect for anyone who is gluten-free or avoiding grains!
To keep things light and healthy, I wanted to pair it with a yummy dip recipe that wouldn’t feel heavy. While I love a spicy mustard dip with pretzels, I was craving a slightly sweeter option. To make it creamy without using mayonnaise, I used tahini as the base. With a touch of honey and a few spices from my pantry, this dip was ready in no time!
Tips for the perfect honey mustard dip
- Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds, so it’s vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free! It makes this dip super creamy without having to add oil or mayonnaise. It’s pretty thick, so feel free to use additional water to thin out this dip.
- You can adjust the amount of sweetener depending on how sweet you like it! I recommend tasting it with a pretzel, rather than with a spoon, so you can decide how it pairs with the amount of salt.
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave, if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of water to thin (plus more if needed)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, honey, mustards, lemon juice, and water. Add additional water to thin, if needed.
- Serve as a pretzel dip with FitJoy Pretzels!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.