Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Bark
This chocolate peppermint pretzel bark is the perfect mix of sweet and salty with a satisfying crunch! With only a handful of ingredients, this simple and festive recipe is perfect for gifting during the holidays!
I love creating lots of fun and yummy desserts for friends and family this time of year and chocolate bark is one of those treats that everyone loves. There are so many fun ways in which you can make them with lots of flavors and variations, but I absolutely love the mix of sweet chocolate and salty pretzels.
As soon as I started melting the chocolate for this chocolate bark, everyone in my family started coming into the kitchen to get in on the action. It’s a great recipe to have the children involved in as it’s foolproof and they love adding all the toppings to the chocolate. With such a pretty and festive look, you can package them up on a simple plate or tin and you’re all set!
This delicious chocolate peppermint pretzel bark contains all my favorite things: chocolate, pretzels, peppermint, yummy cookie & cream bars and a generous sprinkle of sea salt. I love using FitJoy Grain-Free Pretzels for this recipe, especially with so many friends and family that have gluten intolerances. Their pretzels are the first-ever grain-free pretzels (made with cassava and chickpea flour), have no artificial flavors and they taste great.
In fact, this whole recipe is gluten-friendly (just check to make sure that your chocolate chips and candy canes are gluten-free, but most are). I love adding a sprinkle of small cut up pieces of a FitJoy Cookies and Cream Protein Bar for a little chewy goodness too (it reminds me of edible cookie dough – YUM!). It’s all about the mix of delicious flavors and textures when it comes to this recipe!
Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel BarkINGREDIENTS
- 1 12 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup FitJoy Pretzels broken into large pieces
- 2-3 candy canes, broken into pieces
- 1 FitJoy Cookies & Cream Protein Bar chopped into small pieces
- sea salt to taste
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil using either microwave (see notes) or double broiler.
- Once chocolate is melted, mix in vanilla extract.
- Pour melted chocolate into cookie sheet and spread into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
- While still melted, top with pretzels, candy canes pieces and protein bar chunks. Lightly press into chocolate mixture.
- Top with a generous sprinkle of sea salt.
- Let cool in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until hardened. Remove and break into desired size pieces.
To melt chocolate chips, you can use the microwave or a double broiler. If using a microwave, melt in 15-second increments at 50% power. Stir every 15 seconds until chocolate is melted. Be patient and stir often to avoid burning. If you do not have a double boiler, you can use an oven-safe bowl over a pan filled with water on the stovetop to melt your chocolate.
Crush candy cane with a meat cleaver or gently roll with a bottle. Crush pretzels with hands.
This recipe was first posted on Amber's blog, Mommy Gone Healthy. Head there to see the original post in full and for more great recipes!
Amber Battishill is the creator of Mommy Gone Healthy, a lifestyle and motherhood blog with an emphasis on healthy living. Amber shares healthy recipes, wellness inspiration, stories of motherhood and clean living hacks to help her readers lead healthier and more balanced lives. Most weekends you can find her enjoying a sweaty Vinyasa class, sipping on craft beer, immersed in a good book and exploring nature with her husband and children.
Leave a comment