Four amazing recipes for (almost) vegan chocolate covered pretzels to delight your taste buds and satisfy your sweet n’ salty cravings the healthy way! Gluten-free and grain-free options as well.
When it comes to crunchy, salty snacks, I think most people are either #TeamPretzel or #TeamPopcorn.
I’ve always counted myself among the popcorn people, but there’s one instance in which I’ll ALWAYS choose pretzels…
…when they’re of the CHOCOLATE COVERED variety.
The mix of sweet chocolate and salty pretzels is just a flavor match made in heaven.
I recently jumped back on the pretzel train after I was introduced to FitJoy’s new GRAIN-FREE pretzels. The first of their kind on the market and 100% addicting.
Like I said, I usually reach for popcorn, but these pretzels are SO good on their own that they’ve been my GO-TO snack lately.
A few things to note about these salty, crunchy delights…
- They’re the FIRST-EVER grain-free pretzels!
- They taste JUST like regular pretzels and are even CRUNCHIER in my opinion.
- In addition to being grain-free, they’re also gluten-free, corn-free, dairy-free, egg-free, plant-based (but they’re not vegan because they have a touch of honey).
- A portion of all FitJoy profits from these pretzels goes to help feed underprivileged children across the US.
- The ingredients in these pretzels are all REAL, CLEAN, and RECOGNIZABLE….like high oleic sunflower seed oil, cassava flour, organic honey, chickpea flour, Himalayan pink salt…unlike other GF pretzels that use vegetable oil, corn starch, table salt, etc and don’t taste as good!
So basically…what’s NOT to love?! I’ve been enjoying these on their own, with hummus, in trail mix, ground up and used as a coating for proteins, with peanut butter, and tons of other ways…but one way I wanted to test their true pretzel prowess was by making chocolate covered pretzels with them….by far my favorite pretzel based snack.
Could they hold up and maintain their crunchiness with a thick layer of melted chocolate plus loads of toppings?
Turns out they could…and the results were mind-blowingly delicious!
HEALTHIER CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS – 4 WAYS
Author: Kaila Proulx
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1.5 bags (15 ounces) of vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks)
- 1 bag of FitJoy Grain Free pretzels
- 1 bag of mini Oreo’s (8 ounces)
- 1 bag of Nutter Butters (8 ounces)
- Vegan & gluten-free rainbow sprinkles
- Salted caramel roasted peanuts
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until crumbly. Place mixture into a small bowl. Do the same with Nutter Butters and peanuts, placing each topping in a separate bowl.
- Pour chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate and place back in the microwave for 10-second increments at a time. Continuing stirring each time until fully melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each pretzel into the melted chocolate. Scrape the pretzel on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place each pretzel on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Pour the toppings over the pretzels in your desired amount. I split the pretzels up into 4 groups and did an equal amount of each topping, but it’s your choice of how many types and in what amounts you want to use each topping.
- Place baking sheets with pretzels in the fridge for 1-2 hours until chocolate has cooled and set. Remove pretzels from baking sheets and store in airtight containers in the fridge.
To read the original post in full and to find more great recipes, visit Healthy Helper!
Kaila is the wellness enthusiast, fitness professional, and healthy chef behind Healthy Helper. For the past 10 years, Kaila has been sharing her passion for fun fitness, nutritious (yet delicious!) food, & helping others to live their best life possible. Healthy Helper is a healthy living blog that promotes all around wellness, balanced living, & happiness.