This magical dessert can literally be made with JUST bananas (I add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut cream because I love myself) and once blended, it has the exact texture of soft-serve ice cream.
To read this original post in full (and for more great recipes), visit Julie's blog, Willow Bird Baking.
I’ve been demolishing FitJoy protein bars lately and the Chocolate Peanut Butter bars were begging to be added to a big bowl of this banana ice cream. The protein bars are grain-free and gluten-free, free of artificial flavors and sweeteners, and super chewy and delicious. They also come in “fun size” bars (about 1/3 the size of the regular bars) in case you want a smaller portion.
The combo of salty and sweet (and chewy and crunchy with the real peanut topping!) of the Chocolate Peanut Butter protein bars seemed perfect to pair with banana, but I’ve also got some of their Cookie Dough Brownie bars in my kitchen waiting to top my next batch.
They also make the first-ever grain-free pretzels, which are next on my list to try!
I also top my ice cream with raspberries and pomegranate seeds, but any berries or nuts or granola would be delicious. Enjoy!
Healthy 3-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Author: Willow Bird Baking
I finally tried the banana "ice cream" that's been circulating around the internet and it's true: the texture is amazing! This healthy treat is so easy to make and is made even more delicious by the addition of a FitJoy Chocolate Peanut Butter protein bar and some fresh berries!
- 3 very ripe bananas (look for ones that are getting pretty brown on the outside)
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 FitJoy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar, chopped
- raspberries and pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Chop the bananas into 1/2-inch slices and lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Stick these in the freezer for at least a few hours. Once they're frozen, you can transfer the bananas into a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer, so I froze a couple of batches of these for future ice cream making!
- When the bananas are frozen, stick them in a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times until they're in crumbles. Use a spatula to shuffle them around a bit so they'll chop evenly. Add the coconut cream. Continue processing, stopping every 30 seconds or so to stir. It'll look like they're just going to stay a crumbly mess, but keep pulsing and the magic will happen! You'll see the bananas start to take on a creamy, soft-serve texture.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with chopped FitJoy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar, fresh berries, and pomegranate seeds.